Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SINKHOLES



Baker:  Another sinkhole appears.  This one swallowed  a guy on the golf course.  He was one over par when SLUURRPPP .. and he was gone.   I have heard golf stories... where someone loses their ball, but today someone lost a golfer.  This is the kind of story men bring home to their wives.... trying to explain why he was late.. …  he proceeds to tell his wife he was late because they had to extract their buddy from an 18 feet deep sinkhole.    Yeah right and what were you drinkin?   This sinkhole problem has really got me thinkin.   I mean what are the chances of this happening, and yet it has happened twice in the last 2 weeks.. What is the message here.  I mean one guy was lying in his bed and the ground swallowed him.  Is there something Blblical here.   Jonah and the whale maybe.   You gotta think.... what am I supposed to learn from this.    I am welcoming your ideas.

The Candlestick Maker:  My thoughts are:   Some wives have all the luck
Or some comedian has new material to base their jokes on:
    You know you are having a bad day when. . . . you are laying in bed and ground opens up and swallows you up.
You know you are having a bad day when. . . .   you are 1 under par and ground opens up and swallows you up.  

Baker:  Now that is looking at the bright side of things.   

The Candlestick Maker:  Hey, Baker, I think we should go check the Butcher’s house.  I think a sinkhole may have swallowed her up because she hasn’t posted in a few days.  Do you think we should call 911?

Butcher:  You know what I am here, unbelieving you went to sink hole status.  See I take a little break and I come back and see the depths that you SINK too......I therefore must be the sole entity bringing you guys to the amazing level you are when I am around.  Maybe this is the devil’s way of trying to bring people to him?  I therefore see your fate!

Baker:  Well CSM.... she actually disappeared for 2 days, only to be found somewhere around Target in Omaha, NE.  I was thinking sinkhole.. but she rises.... though it is the season... so I suppose it is possible.  But please, Butcher, don’t get any ideas that you are anywhere near that miracle person.  After all, the pope position wasn’t open to you for a reason.

Baker:  Miracle worker at creating a disappearing act. Now back to the sinkhole... I am thinking this is definitely a divine intervention.  When the earth swallows you, you got to think... WOW... ok.....Must be now huh?  No warning, no debate.... just burial.  Which you must admit is cheaper..  Could really irritate the funeral business.  
But... with the golfer .. I think that one was a warning... it is divine intervention saying   Hey... you... I am going to give you one more warning.  This is it.  One over or not.... go home and spend time with your wife and kids.  The golf course as a hazard area is not symbolic.  I have spoken.  Then I am picturing some ground hog... laughing his a.. off.  
Anyway.... my point “When the earth swallows you, pay attention, and know, it is either your time to exit, or change your ways.” AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment